Thursday, August 21, 2008

Lightning Bolt



Ussain Bolt! Wow!

The 100m - 200m double, both in world record times!

Wow!

What a star!


It was a tough day for the Aussies. The Boomers predictably went down to the USA Dream Team but the really disappointing result was losing to Japan in the Softball in the 12th innings! It was a nail biter of a game and more than once Australia looked like they had it only for Japan to fight back, and ultimately win!


I visited the local papers and the police station this arvo to start some work on a project I've been thinking about for a while aimed at educating kids about the impact of car crashes and road fatalities. Three young guys from Busso were badly injured in a terrible crash on Saturday night. They are lucky to be alive, the car was in an unbelievable mess. One of them is a kid who used to go to the high school. I know his Dad too through masters footy, I was just talking to him about his son a couple of weeks ago and he was telling me how well he was doing. Now he's in critical condition in hospital, the result of speed and foolishness!


I came home and painted after soccer training; I needed the therapy! The soccer team ought to be called Jekyll and Hyde United considering the contrast between training and games!

The paintings are coming along well, I hadn't done much for a while and am enjoying getting back into it.

No comments: