Friday, March 16, 2007

Slight Improvement

The last few days have not been very good but I am feeling a little better tonight. Thank you to the people who have left comments and other messages and phone calls offering best wishes, I appreciate it. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and depending on what he says may take a few days off. I oscillate between feeling completely flat and empty, and feeling like things are pretty normal, but I have almost no energy or enthusiasm at work. I spent some time talking to a friend today who is a counsellor and it was helpful to open up a bit which is perhaps why I feel a little better tonight. I find it pretty difficult to talk about my feelings. I did some painting tonight for the first time in over a week.


On Sunday night before we came home we went to a fantastic exhibition at Cottesloe Beach called "Sculptures by the Sea". It's only on until March 18 so if you're in Perth I highly recommend you get down to the beach and see it. I've put a link to my photos of it on a web album on the top of the sidebar, and on my art blog; it's well worth a look.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Nothing any of us do is that important we can't take a few days off now and then.

Get into some good theraputic activities when you do. You know the type of thing: terrorise old ladies, scare small children. Maybe some physical exercise like chop down a few pylons on the jetty.

All good stuff! And you get the added bonus of another day off when you have to go to court!

Jacqui said...

It is so good to "hear" from you, and that you are seeing a doctor.

I love 2peter's comments, and I love you.

glad you are painting again too.

Merle said...

Hi Marcus ~~ Glad you are feeling a little better. Even having a few days off would help and talking to someone
Do hope you continue to feel well again. There are a lot of us pulling for you. Take care and Love to you all. Merle.