Thursday, March 29, 2007

Paul

The phone rang this morning and to my surprise and delight the voice on the other end belonged to Paul, one of my best friends in the world, calling from his home in San Diego. We haven't spoken for over a year so there was plenty to catch up on and we ended up spending 99 minutes on the phone, I only know this cause I looked at the call time when I hung up.
Paul is one of those friends you have where distance and time make no difference. We just pick up where we left off each time. I think it will always be that way. Sport Boy aka Paul is named after him.

He is thinking about buying a property in North Carolina, 15 acres, 5 old stone cottages, 2 houses, the sort of place he could fix up and run as a camp. It sounds fantastic and he's just the man to do it, he is great at making and fixing things, construction as the Americans call it. The sound of it made me want to jump on a plane and head for North Carolina! One day.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

How splendid to hear from Paul, we had such a great time staying with them last year.
He would certainly be the one to make something like the camp work.

Zaac said...

the sound of it makes ME want to jump on a plane and fly to north carolina! thats awesome