Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tricky Decision

I'm home again after a wonderful three days on retreat and a tiring 8 hours in the taxi.

It's 4.30am ANZAC Day morning.

My quandry now is whether to-
A.) stay up and go to the ANZAC Day dawn service in about an hour and
B.) if I do, whether to wake up Sport Boy and VTES and take them with me to the dawn service.

It would be a special opportunity for V, as an exchange student, to experience one of the most significant and iconic events on the Australian calendar, and for SB to start to gain an appreciation of the meaning and significance of our most sacred day.

I just wish I had thought of it last night so I could have fore-warned them.
Going in and waking them up just after 5.00am and convincing them to get up and go into town to stand in the park in the dark when their brains will not be fully operational due to interrupted sleep may not be that easy. But it seems like the right thing to do so I think I'll give it a go.

No comments: