Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Recycle Cycle

Normally when I get home from driving the cab I take about an hour to unwind before I go to bed, usually blogging and playing a game of Scrabble. Then comes a decent 6-7 hours of sleep before I get up at lunchtime.
Not today.
This morning was the chaplaincy fete in town and my fate was to deliver a trailer full of "stuff" (junk) for the white elephant stall. It wasn't our stuff, we inherited it from a previous fete run by the music dept. They couldn't sell it, so in their benevolent wisdom, donated it to us! So that we wouldn't be able to sell it either.
The fete started at 8, so with just over 2 hours sleep I dragged my sorry looking self down town to deliver the junk.
Fast forward 10 hours, I've had a few more hours sleep and finished my shift at the art gallery this arvo and have just been down to pick up the trailer.......and the junk, unsold!
However, I'm not going to perpetuate this cycle of economic silliness.
I've left the trailer attached to the car and tomorrow I will deliver it to where it should have gone in the first place, the tip!!
The price you pay for working for a charitable/fund-raising dependant organisation!!

No comments: