Saturday, April 19, 2008

End of Retreat

The retreat concluded at lunchtime. It took a while to pack the car, I have a tendency to distribute belongings and equipment all over the place when I'm on camp, sort of like marking my territory, so I had to retrieve footballs, board games, Capella magazines, paints and glue guns, clothes etc from various points throughout Kobeelya. I gave Rowena a lift home to Busselton so had her bags to fit in as well, and finally, my latest painting, completed at the retreat. I hoped I might not need to bring it home because someone might have bought it but despite many positive comments, no-one was willing to part with the readies to make it theirs!
It did inspire several people to consider taking up painting for themselves though! The next retreat shapes as an artist's gathering!

I was glad of Rowena's company on the way home as it enabled me to swap driving duties when I got tired between Bridgetown and Nannup.

There was just time for a quick hello with the kids and getting my footy tips in before starting tonight's cab shift.
I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

No comments: