Tuesday, January 30, 2007

How much is that Doggy in the Window?


Spotted on my travels of late.

It was back to school (work) today although it was a fairly gentle start, the kids don't commence until Wednesday.
It's been pretty hot in Busso the last few days, perfect for trying out my brand new air conditioner! My office was an oasis of cool today, very pleasant. I had a bit of tidying up and rearranging to do as a result of the installers coming in to fit the AC during the holidays. The putting things back is no problem but the thin layer of red brick dust which has settled on just about everything in my office is a bit more of a hassle.
Lunch was provided for the staff today but it was a little too gourmet for my taste, spinach roulade, gourmet pizza slices (with pine nuts no less) and things with way too much egg and vegetables for me. It was a complete contrast to the normal staff catering of sauasage rolls and carrot cake, which I tend to avoid as well. Something more in between suits me better, I'm a man of simple tastes really!
I cruised through Jacksons this afternoon and found they were having a discout sale on paints! Oh oh! Lookout!!
I left with a smallish bag of new colours and a new canvas, both of which were put to use when I got home. I've finished one and have started another, I've really got the bug at the moment, and I'm going for bigger pieces, which require more work and more paint.
I can't post a pic tonight coz I left the camera at work, hopefully I'll get it sussed for tomorrow night.

When I got home from work Sport Boy was a sleep on my bed. Turns out he slept for about 4 hours. Guess what, now it's 1.30 in the morning and he can't sleep!! He and Sophie have been playing and laughing for the last hour, and talking with Carolyn. He ran laps up and down the living room for about an hour earlier in an effort to tire himself out, with no success.
Jordan spent the day jetty jumping but came home injured having scraped his underarms while climbing back up onto the jetty after each jump, and cutting his foot on a barnacle. There's a fine line between pleasure and pain.

Things seem to have quietened down, I hgaven't heard any laughter from Sport Boy for the last 10 minutes or so, hopefully he's finally succumbed to sleep.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: