Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good News for Struggling Artist

Remember this painting? I posted a picture of it on October 26. I had taken it to Perth to enter in an exhibition at Favourite Daughter's church, Metrochurch in Beaufort St Northbridge. Unfortunately it was slightly too long to qualify for the competition but they agreed to hang it in the exhibition on the understanding that it was ineligible to win a prize.
I was happy with that. I didn't expect it to win, I just wanted to get it on display. It's an acrylic/mixed media piece, with glue and metal. If you click on the picture it will "enbiggen" and you'll see a bit more of the detail. The filagree metal came from an auction a few weeks ago and it's the first time I've used it in a painting. I was very pleased with it, despite one of the family's comment when I was taking it to Perth, "Why don't you take one of your other ones, they're better than that?"

Guess what? Favourite Daughter rang me this afternoon to say my painting has been sold!

Yeehaa! That's great news. It was priced at $495 (less commission)

That will certainly help our tight finances.

I have another painting in the exhibition so here's hoping someone likes it enough to buy it too.

NB. When FD and her friend went to look at the exhibition they didn't know why my painting had a dot stuck to it. They were very pleasantly surprised to learn upon asking that that signified it had been sold.
FD said not many others had been sold though most were priced higher than mine.
"You could have sold it for more Dad".
Not to worry, I'm happy with this outcome.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The HoJo's said...

Wow, impressed am I
xc

Marcus said...

Thank you Yoda.

I know where you are! Just got to catch you at a time when you're not busy.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

wow I see you are an artist and I like the painting you've just sold.
God bless you
freddie from Italy
PS: you might like
www.sidival.eu

Anonymous said...

wow I see you are an artist and I like the painting you've just sold.
God bless you
freddie from Italy
PS: you might like
www.sidival.eu