Sunday, June 21, 2009

Number 48

It's officially my birthday, number 48 in a sequence, although it's till late Saturday night if you know what I mean. Later on today Sport Boy and I will head up to Perth, rendezvouz with The Heir and Birchy, and go to the footy, where 75% of us will be cheering for the Cats to beat the Dockers. As Birchy said to me on the phone, the only danger is that there is absolutely no expectation on Fremantle to win, and that's when they're a little bit dangerous, not much, just a little bit! Mind you, they should have won last year being 6 goals up at one stage but the Cats got up to win by a point when Pavlich hit the post rather than kicking the winning goal in the last 30 seconds.


!!! We just had a 3 second blackout but I'm glad to see that Blogger managed to save the start of this post, at my age it can be hard to recall stuff!!!


After the first "busy" night in the cab for a few weeks I didn't get to bed till just before 6 this morning so having to get up and coach the Cornerstone U12s soccer team at 10.30 was a struggle. I thought I was going to fall over when I first got out of bed. A shower revived me sufficiently to get to the game, with three minutes to go till kick off! A quick pre-game address, "Play like you did last week, same line-up" ..... "Oh! Emily's away....and Daniel's back.... ok.... Daniel, you play where Emily played, out you go" Stirring stuff I know!

Seemed to do the trick though, we were 3-0 up at half time and won 5-0, with Sport Boy scoring a hat trick with three very well taken goals. All this against a backdrop of torrential rain for the first 5 minutes so that everyone was completely saturated for the rest of the game, with intermittent showers just when anyone looked like drying out. To be fair, the sun did come out in the last 10 minutes of the game, prompting me to say, "Gee it's warm!" as I mimiced taking my rain coat off! The soccer team have hit some really good form, the line-up is working well, it's all good.

Sport Boy went to the final try-out session for the country week team this arvo and is celebrating his selection in the final squad.

I looked at a couple of garage sales whose proprietors were braving the stormy weather, bought some socks and jocks at Rivers then came home and slept for a few hours so that I'm not too tired to drive to Perth and back tomorrow.

Mrs Holt Press went to church this evening.

I woke up about 8 and watched the footy with Sport Boy. Spike is out at a friend's birthday party but he and a couple of mates will be home soon as they're staying here for the night.


Did I tell you it's my birthday?

3 comments:

The HoJo's said...

Happy Birthday Marcus, hope the match goes your way

xc

Merle said...

Hi Marcus ~~ Happy Birthday and it seems you are enjoying life - footy
in particular. Have a safe trip with the kids to Melbourne.
Take care, Love to all the family.
Love, Merle.

barrandgirl said...

Happy day to you. Somewhere I heard it was your birthday....! R and boys