Sunday, March 22, 2009

Skipping Girl Vinegar

I came up to Perth tonight to see Skipping Girl Vinegar play at the Fly By Night Club in Freo. My friend Chris from Melbourne plays in the band and it was great to see them live.

Go here to check them out and listen to a couple of their songs. One Chance in particular is a ripper.


They were the support act for Kate Miller-Heidke, a most unusual performer.

Alex and The Heir came with me, having come down to Busso last night to deliver Favourite Daughter's car. The house was chockers last night, with VTES and Zac W staying as well!

I had a very quiet night in the cab, particularly as I had a late start after footy traing and then couldn't get the car started!!! Even after an hour of trying! I ended up switching into the wheel chair cab and would have had a dismal night except that a bloke wandered into the 24 hour servo while I was there and wanted to be taken to Witchcliffe, a $110 fare! I was happy to oblige although he was a bit strange, telling me weird stories and repeating everything three times!

I'm staying at the Ballajura Motor Inn tonight where the hospitality is always good but sadly they no longer have Foxtel and thus I can't watch the Tottenham v Chelsea game. I'm following it on the web instead. 0-0 at half time. I'm having lunch with Chris and the band at Cottesloe tomorrow; I want them to see the Sculptures by the Sea exhibition before they fly home to Melbourne tomorrow night.

No comments: