Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Cats win but it's not all good news!






The final margin was 76 points as the Cats won the NAB Cup. Collingwood have been something of a bogey team the last few years so it was good to belt them, even if it doesn't really count.
There was some bad news; Josh Hunt looks like he has done his knee and if so will miss the whole season. That will be a terrible blow for him and for the club. Josh was my nephew Daniel's best man and apart from being a very good footballer is a nice bloke too. I hope for his sake the injury isn't that serious but the initial response suggests they are expecting the worst.
Joel Selwood on the other hand could do no wrong and won the Michael Tuck Medal for best on ground. He was brilliant. It's hard to believe he hasn't even turned 21 yet. I think I might put $10 on him to win the Brownlow, before his odds shorten too much!
Talking about football, I had my first run for two years at Masters training tonight! It almost killed me! That is a slight exaggeration but I did struggle to make it all the way through training and my first few touches were ordinary in the extreme! I've been wanting to get back to playing footy for ages so I'm glad to have made the first move but I really hope it gets easier or I may not survive!




No comments: