Friday, January 30, 2009

State of Shock

It was the first day back at work after the Christmas holidays today.

It was a struggle!

Physically.

And mentally.

Thank goodness the kids don't come back till Monday.

I got a few things done but my productivity rate was about as uninspiring as the global economy.

Hopefully I'll pick up the pace and stamina over the next few days.

Tonight we went to a staff BBQ at the Bayview Resort for Mrs Holt Press' workplace. It was pleasant out on the lawn eating nice (free) food and meeting a few of her co-workers but eventually the cold became too much and we headed home. How ironic that we are having such lovely cool weather here while the eastern states are sweltering in record temperatures.

I didn't make it to bed as early as I'd hoped last night but tonight is looking more promising.

No comments: