Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year

In an interesting coinicidence, this is my 888th post on HoltPress2 and it is Chinese new Year. The Chinese consider 8 to be a lucky number, you may remember that the Beijing Olympics started at 8:08:08 on the 08/08/08.

There's no deliberate connection but it is just after 8 in the morning here, a most unusual time for me to be blogging. I drove the 12 hour shift in the taxi last night and it was one of the deadest nights ever. I only did 17 jobs in that time, although one of them was to Bunbury, a $90 fare.

I was too tired to keep driving at 5.00am so pulled over to a side street and slept for an hour before doing one final job. The catnap has tided me over enough to enable me to go and have a look around the Busselton markets by the old train station. I bought nectarines (I LOVE nectarines!!) and 4 plants. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do gardening but Mrs Holt Press has been doing a bit of gardening recently so I thought she might like a few new plants. I don't know what they are, I just liked the look of them. The sellers did tell me whether they liked shade or direct light and whether they were hardy or thirsty but this info took the direct route from one side of my head to the other without stopping to bother my brain before exiting. It could also have had something to do with sleep deprivation.


I've just checked the soccer scores and am disappointed to report that despite taking an early lead at Old Trafford Spurs lost 2-1 to Manchester United in the 4th round of the FA Cup. Hopefully we'll get some revenge when we meet again in the Carling Cup Final at Wembley on March 1.


Just time to mention yesterday morning's garage sale outcomes. There was a plethora of GS's in Cloisters which made life easier and at one a bloke was selling CDs for $1 each. Not the rubbishy CDs you get at St Vinnies for a dollar, these were known and popular artists, thus I came home with a selection of music from The Cranberries, Midnight Oil, The Chemical Brothers, Something For Kate, The Fugees, Pink Floyd, U2, Faith No More, Green Day, Lauren Hill, Live, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool and REM plus a few compilation albums. The Hair had only just asked me the night before if I still bought new CDs and I'd said no as I had all the music I needed. This though was too good a bargain to pass up.


Bed is calling although my own bed is occupied by Sport Boy who had to come home from a sleepover at Ben A's place late last night because of an allergic reaction to their cat. Mrs HP decided to let him sleep with her so she could keep an eye and an ear on him in case he got distressed. The fact that he's still there as the time approaches 9.00am suggests that he hasn't had any further trouble sleeping! I've been hoping he might get up before I finish blogging so I can sleep in my own bed.

Ironically The Hair has just gotten up. He is never up before Sport Boy!
Clever and cute!

No comments: