Friday, September 19, 2008

Improvement

Both The Hair and I were feeling a bit better today although my tummy is a bit tender and unsettled. I went into work for a couple of hours and did a couple of tasks that needed doing.

After arguing with their website and their staff I finally managed to change Mrs Holt Presses flight home from Tassie, at a price of course!

Sport Boy wanted to go to soccer training at Margaret River this arvo but I had volleyball commitments at 6.30 and no other way of getting him there.

Tonight was the first night of finals at volleyball. I reffed the B Grade game then played in the A Grade semi. We started slowly and lost the first set but hit back strongly and won 3-1 to go straight through to the Grand Final. Apart from a couple of trips to the toilets in the breaks to cough up muck I got through the game ok.

I should make it to work for a few hours tomorrow. I'm doing a couple of interviews with some people for the White Crosses project.

Tomorrow night is a BIG night, it's the AFL preliminary Final between Geelong and the Western Bulldoigs. The Cats are hot favourites to win but I have strong memories of last year's prelim final when we nearly lost to Collingwood. Mrs HP, Sport Boy and I were at the game and it was incredibly nerve-wracking. I hope they are more convincing this time. Having only lost one game all season they deserve to be favourites and their form has been great so I'm pretty confident. I was at the game in Rd 16 at Kardinia Park when we kicked 10 goals in the last quarter to win comfortably. Finals are more intense, there's a lot more to lose, but it was a convincing victory, especially without Gary Ablett and Cameron Ling.
In the past I'd have been very worried before such a crucial game but nowadays Geelong are a different entity, which is not to say they can't lose, but I'll be very surprised if they do.

No comments: