Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Adelaide

Our holiday is winding down, one more sleep before we fly home.
It's a bit of a veg-out day in suburban Adelaide. Sport Boy is eating ice cream, I'm blogging and Carolyn has taken Fashion Boy to get his ear pierced. I offered to do it for him but his mother insists on things like hygiene and safe practice! A block of ice and a large needle did the trick for me when I was in year 11!

We went into town yesterday and Vicki, one of the world's great shoppers, took Carolyn on an expedition round Adelaide while I renewed acquaintences with one of the coolest shops in the universe, Raw Space. This time I resisted the urge to buy aything, though as I confided to my sister later, I could spend thousands there! The restrictions of suitcases and bank balances had a sobering effect on me and I just contented myslf with browsing. No Airzookas to liven up family weddings this time!

We went out for dinner at The Hampstead last ight where I enjoyed a very nice filet mignon.
Tonight will be another culinary treat, we're going for dinner at the restaurant where Carolyn's brother Ray is the head chef. Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A block of ice and a large needle did the trick for me when I was in year 11!

Yeah, and look what happened to you...

Broady