Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Very Happy



It's been a great day for Cats fans, and for this Cats fan in particular.
After three years of being favourite, Gary Ablett finally won the Brownlow medal, an award he fully deserved. He has already won the AFL Player's Association MVP, the ABC Footballer of the Year, and the Lou Richards medal this season but now he has football's highest individual honour of the all.
And I got a ticket to the Grand Final!!
My number came up in the member's ballot (for the second year in a row!) and I'm guaranteed a ticket to the BIG Game. It is fantastic news. Checking the ballot results was a nervous exercise. The numbers were printed randomly rather than in numerical order and it wasn't until the 35th of 36 pages that my number appeared. Considering Geelong has over 37,000 members and only received an allotment of 12,500 tickets to the game, I feel very fortunate and blessed to be going.
Carn the Cats!



I don't even have to worry about missing the A Grade volleyball grand final because we lost the prelim final tonight and didn't make it through!



No comments: