Thursday, September 17, 2009

Netball

I did something I've never done before today, I coordinated the netball competition at the winter carnival. At the briefing this morning I told the assembled coaches I could run the day so long as they remembered one thing, I know nothing about netball!
Thankfully they did, and I survived. Busso won the A Grade and were runners-up in the C grade.

As the carnival was held in Bunbury I took advantage of the chance to look around the op shops, hunting for old watches. I've accumulated 23 so far but need over 50 for the project I'm working on. If you've got any old watches you don't want, send them to Holt Press. They don't have to be working, in fact I'd prefer it if they weren't.

We had home group tonight and continued on last week's very interesting discussion about what "church" means and what we want from it.

As predicted, the house is quiet without Sport Boy around, hopefully he's having a great time at his year 6 camp, and he's getting plenty of sleep and not getting injured!
There's only three days till the U12s Grand Final.

It's finals season: I've got a volleyball semi-final tomorrow night, and of course, Geelong play Collingwood in the AFL preliminary final on Saturday night. Go Cats.

No comments: