Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's the Cats and the Saints in the Grand Final







Geelong thumped Collingwood tonight by 73 points to set up the Grand Final most people wanted, the two best teams in the league playing off on the last Saturday in September.
St Kilda won a thriller last night, coming from behind more than once to beat the gallant Bulldogs.
It sets up a mouth-watering prospect for the Big One.
While I was very happy with the Cats win, I was VERY unhappy with Channel 10 who did not show the game live in Perth (where I currently am, having come up to Mandurah for a training day). I could not believe it! The second biggest game of the season and they have a delayed telecast, a full quarter behind the live action!!!!! Even Queensland got it live, as did regional WA. eg. Busselton, where I would ordinarily have watched it!
I had to screen my text messages and advise the various footy texters messaging me that I was not getting it live and not to reveal the scores or the outcome.
TV channels play us punters for fools, knowing they've got us over a barrel and there's nothing we can do about it but Ithink it is despicable and will be writing to express my disgust!
Here endeth the rant but I had to get that off my chest!
I have a flight booked to Melbourne for the Grand Final. I will find out on Monday morning whether I've scored a Grand Final ticket in the member's ballot. Even if I'm unsuccessful in the ballot I am still going to Melbourne, and hoping to be there to see the Cats win the flag.
Go Cats.

No comments: