Wednesday, September 09, 2009

2 out of 3 Not Good Enough!!

I was crook yesterday and came home after going on an excursion in the morning to Ellen's Brook and slept the rest of the afternoon.
I wasn't feeling 100% today either but I improved as the day wore on. I took another group of kids on the Behind the White Crosses trip this morning, accompanied by a former police officer who had attended a large number of "fatals" in the area including some that I talk to the kids about and it was great to have his extra insight and first hand experience to share with the kids.
I lost the first game at Scrabble Club tonight! By a big margin. Sue made two 7 letter words, had three "s"s and both blanks, the Q and the Z while I had a succession of vowels and 1 point letters throughout the game, but I don't want you to think I'm bitter and twisted about it, no not at all, Sue won fair and square!
I took it out on my next two opponents with convincing wins! But I won't be satisfied until I beat Sue the next time we play!

No comments: