Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Latest Toy

My office is something of an Aladdin's Cave of toys games and puzzles, I've been collecting them for over 15 years and keep most of them at work.

Kids often ask upon entering, "Why have you got all these toys and stuff?"

"Do you like it?" I ask in response.

"Yeah!"

"That's why I've got them!"

It's been quiet the last couple of days which gave me time to put together a new one, a marble roller coaster, technically called "Space Odyssey". In truth it's not entirely new, I've had a couple of sets for years and had them set up at Carine but when I found three sets heavily discounted recently I bought them and now I have one mega-set, which in turn enabled me to construct my most ambitious track ever! The newer sets had great new features like short straight sections and corner pieces for the track, making it easier to set up and engineer.

As you can see from the video, it works, most of the time.

My plan is to add a second stage to inter-twine with track one, this one made out of long looping track pieces rather than all the straights.

No comments: