Friday, December 28, 2007

Thursday

Fashion Boy returned to work on the harvest today. All things being equal we won't see him for another month. It's a shame he'll miss the family Christmas on Saturday in Bridgetown but it's good for him to earn some money and get a taste of a real job. He opted for a five hour car trip rather than a one hour flight to go back, not sure why.
His departure frees up a bedroom which Favourite Daughter will occupy for the next few weeks. I'm not sure what we'll do when they all come back permanently! She has been in terrible pain the last few days. She hurt her back a few eeks ago, initially by doing push-ups! and has had a lot of pain ever since and its getting worse rather than better so she went to see a myopractor today who administered some very painful treatment. Hopefully in a few days it will have the desired effect but right now the only relief is via pain-killers.
Fashion Boy's final words before departing were touching considering the sometimes stormy relationship the two of them share, "Tell Sophie I'm praying for her back".

Mrs HP and I hit the town for the second night in a row tonight. We had dinner at Albies Bar and Bistro, courtesy of a voucher given to me by the taxi company as a Christmas bonus. She had crab and prawn spaghetti, I had reef and beef. We ran into an old colleague of mine, Tim who is holidaying with his family. The first time I met Tim was at SU Sailing Camp about 10 years ago when he was still a teenager and I was the speaker at the camp.
He went on to become chaplain at Ocean Reef during the time Favourite Daughter went there.

There was a significant step forward in Holt Press technology today, I bought a wireless router which The Heir successfully installed, enabling him to connect to the net via his laptop. Very cool.
I plan to get a laptop of my own sometime this year so look forward to the same capability and freedom.

No comments: