Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Scenes From the Footy

Picasa and Blogger are giving me a lot of grief tonight and I'm not happy about it. This is the 5th attempt to post this! Needless to say this will be an abridged and less satisfactory post than the original version!

My comment to accompany the collage was;
I love footy.
I love Melbourne,
But most of all I love going to the footy in Melbourne.

I also love Dennis Commetti's footy commentary and while I was in Melbourne I bought a little book called "Centimetre Perfect" and it's a gem! It's a collection of some of Dennis' funniest on-air comments, a testimony to his sharp mind and quick wit.

I'm planning to post some excerpts throughout the rest of the footy season.
Each is accompanied by a short explanation from Commetti of the context:

Big crowds are part and parcel of Friday night football:

"It's a very big crowd tonight with all major genders represented".

No comments: