Saturday, May 16, 2009

All Work and Some Play

It's the end of the working week, and the start of the working weekend. There was a brief moment of respite between them this evening which I used to go to footy training. At my age and in my physical condition, footy training is an exercise in humility and a series of warning signals from a body clearly under stress and out of its depth. Copping a whack in the goolies after spilling a low mark just added to my pain. I think I could see blokes in the other lines jostling for position so they could avoid having me kick to them. Its bad enough when your skills let you down, it's even worse when they make your teammates look bad as well!
Thankfully there's nothing but encouragement and support no matter how wayward the pass may have been or easy the mark you've just spilled was.
We've got a game at Dunsborough on Sunday which means the humiliation goes public.
In the meantime I drove the taxi tonight and am driving again tomorrow night, coaching Sport Boy's soccer team at Capel in the morning, watching the Cats play the Roos at lunchtime, and doing some of the parental duties (chauffering mainly) for the school ball that Spike and his girlfriend are going to tomorrow night.
By Sunday night I'll be looking forward to going back to work so I can get some rest!

2 comments:

Zaac said...

play full forward and use your size, should hardly need to move.

Jacqui said...

Not a bad idea, I think Rex has used that ploy.

I am in Paris waiting to be picked up for the airport.