Sunday, July 15, 2007

Another Great Day at the MCG

The Cats won again, beating Collingwood by 16 points to extend their streak to 10 wins in a row.

It was great to be there, along with 85,496 other people.

I sat with Cam, aka Mooney d' King from Big Footy.com and a bunch of his friends, half of us going for Geelong, the other half favouring the Dark Side.

At half time I rang Nick, a mate from work in Busselton who I knew was also at the game and as I put the phone to my ear he walked up to me and said g'day! I kid you not! Amazing!

After the game I also caught up with some old friends, Russell and Lucy and their kids David and Sophie. Only Sophie has the good sense to barrack for Geelong, the other three are afflicted with the Collingwood Curse. Sophie and I were happy!

I went in to the player reception inside the MCG after the game, one of the privileges of being a member! and got a few autographs for Sport Boy.

Then it was off to Docklands for the second game of the day, Essendon v Western Bulldogs, a good game won by the latter, who also happen to be Geelong's opponents next week so a bit of scouting was useful!

By the time I got home to Doreen, an outer outer suburb of Melbourne Gary and Christine were in bed. We're all going to the Richmond v Hawthorn game tomorrow afternoon.

Life is good!

Go Cats!

No comments: