Monday, September 29, 2008

One Small Consolation

Despite the disappointment in the footy yesterday, we were able to celebrate one victory. Sport Boy took out the handball competition held at half time in the front court of The Esplanade Hotel, where we watched the game. He score 44 points which not only won him the kids section but the adults as well!! The prize for the adults was a carton of beer so they gave that to the runner up. Sport Boy won a medal, gets his name on the perpetual trophy on display at the pub, and best of all, $50!!
He was pretty stoked about the prize!
"That's an answer to prayer Dad, that's how much spending money we're allowed to take to Country Week!"

Personally I'd have traded it for a Cats premiership!

It's Sunday night and he's sound asleep which is just as well because in 5 hours time we have to be up in order to catch the bus to Perth at 5.30am!!
Country Week starts tomorrow, at Beale Park in Spearwood. His team's first game is at 10.30 so they'll be getting straight off the bus and running out to play!!

I asked him how he was feeling about it when I put him to bed.
"I'm pumped Dad!"
What more could a little boy who loves sport want than a week of soccer games in Perth?
Mrs Holt Press and I are both going up to watch him play and I'll be staying at the campsite with the teams, helping supervise. There are 5 teams going from here, from U12's to U16's, all staying at Woodman Point, a campsite I am very familiar with, having run numerous leadership camps and footy camps there.

I'm not sure what the computer access will be like and therefore with what regularity I'll be able to update the blog. I'll be trying hard.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: