Thursday, September 18, 2008

Holt Press Health Report

There's not a lot to say when you spend most of the day in bed! My sickness is lingering, not severe enough to really incapacitate me but just enough to make me dangerous (contagious).

Every now and then I have a coughing episode and up comes a nasty blob of yellow-green substance with an unpleasant taste and odour.

The rest of my symptoms have settled down, or perhaps migrated!


All the way to Tasmania!


Mrs Holt Press rang today and her croaky voice immediately revealed that she is not well. She was missing her course and spending the day in bed and feeling pretty miserable. She asked me to rearrange her return flight, bringing it forward a few days. Originally she was going to go and visit her parents after Tassie but she is very mindful of not giving them her sickness, especially considering their advanced age and declining health. It's a real shame the way the trip has turned out, she's been looking forward to doing the Fusion course for 12 months, and also taking every opportunity to visit her mum and dad.

Looks like she'll be home Saturday.


The Hair is still not well but I did at least manage to get Sport Boy to school today!

There've been a few stories on the news about the ever advancing march of the Cane Toad across the top end of Australia and into WA. Another example of human interference leading to global swarming. I watched a documentary on Kakadu National Park tonight in which they said that the arrival of the cane Toad will lead to the certain extinction of a water monitor in the park, amongst other devastating effects. I know Pop's method of toad warfare works, spraying them with Dettol! But I don't think there'll be enough Dettol warriors to stop the plague spreading all the way west. And as you can see from the picture, not even snakes can defeat them!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Every now and then I have a coughing episode and up comes a nasty blob of yellow-green substance with an unpleasant taste and odour."

OVERSHARE!!!

Just kidding mate, hope you are back up and at it soon.