Sunday, February 10, 2008

Friday Night Cab Capers

I drove the maxi taxi last night and did a few trips to a party about 10km out of town. One group were all girls, all dressed up nicely, all drinking, not all of legal age!
They decided to sing. I use the term loosley! They decided to yell the words to pop songs loudly and out of tune. I didn't recognise many of the songs, not just because of the "quality" of the "singing" although I did know one of them was a Spice Girls song.
What they lacked in tunefulness they over-compensated with enthusiasm.

Half an hour later I picked up a group of boys, similar age, similar condition and what do you know, they decided to sing too!!! Just as loudly as the girls, and just as badly! Their only saving grace was a slightly better choice of music, one of which was a Red Hot Chilli Peppers song.

I secretly hoped that when I dropped them off at the party these two groups would find one another and make beautiful music together, if you know what I mean.

At home time I picked up a different group from the party and did a milk run to Dunsborough, (that's cabbie talk for a group of people being dropped off at a variety of places along the way). The fare came to $79 and I was particulary impressed with one of the young guys who took charge and made sure his groupf of friends all got home, directing me to each of their houses and waking up those who needed to be told they were home. I commended him on his responsible behaviour and care for his mates.

Another group I picked up later did not show the same level of care and responsibilty. They were very drunk and very aggro, having left a party where the police had just been to break up a fight. Someone had been hit with a star picket and someone else had been belted as a result. The level of aggro and swearing was at the high end of the scale. The worst part was they had a little boy with them, maybe 5-6 years old. I despaired to think what sort of environment he's being raised in.

Sport Update
Spurs are leading Derby County 1-0 with 10 minutes to go.

And Todd won Survivor!

No comments: