Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Scrabble Club

I took Winchester aka Toni to Scrabble Club tonight. That's what she wants to be called. I don't know why. I laughed every time I had to introduce her. She loves Scrabble but this was Scrabble at a whole new level! Scrabble with strategy and lists of two and three letter words! Scrabble with blocking moves! Scrabble played by experts!




She came away with the realisation there was a lot to learn in order to improve her game, but she said she'll be back next month.


I won all three of my games although I thought I was going to lose the last one, I didn't get in front until the very last turn! Even when I made a 7 letter word, "livings", for a 50 point bonus, Olive hit straight back with "quit" an a triple word score and the Q on a double letter! 66 points coming straight back at me! I was under pressure but was able to make "mickey" and go out to win! Mickey is defined in the official Scrabble dictionary as "slipping something in somebody's drink" from memory.

No comments: