Monday, February 16, 2009

Garage Sale Before & After

At first glance it's hard to tell the difference but let me assure you there is a lot less stuff now than there was two days ago. As well as disposing of plenty of stuff we made a couple of hundred dollars. I say we because I employed The Hair and Sport Boy to man the sale while I slept in after last night's marathon 12 hour shift in the taxi and while I was on roster at the gallery this afternoon. They did a good job and earnt themselves some extra pocket money in the process.






By late afternoon the flow of customers had dried up so I kept myself entertained by creating a work of art out of a big box of old cassette tapes I hadn't managed to sell (funny that!)
I'm inspired by Andy Goldsworthy, an artist who creates stunning sculptures out of natural items out in the bush eg. rocks, sticks, icicles, grass etc. His stuff is brilliant. Try googling Andy Goldsworthy and have a look for yourself and tell me you don't agree with my assessment! I dare you.



Mrs HP sms'd to say her Dad's birthday lunch had gone very well and the whole family are getting together for dinner again on Wednesday night. Makes me wish I was there!
So far the HP offspring are surviving the single Dad experience quite well. I cooked a BBQ for dinner; they ate a lot of meat and not much salad! We are a family of dedicated carnivores!
The Heir and I watched "Last Train to Freo" tonight, it was good though chilling and sinister, yet surprising and very well acted. Annoyingly the DVD played up in the last two minutes of the film and despite repeated attempts we were left hanging as to what was said in the final scene.

No comments: