Sunday, August 09, 2009

Heading Home

The siren has sounded on the last footy game of the weekend. My bags are packed. I'm heading for the airport with the unpleasant thought of a 4 hour flight followed by a 3 hour drive ahead of me before I make it home.
I guess that's the price to be paid for being a footy tragic.


I'm leaving two paintings and The Heir behind. He flies home tomorrow night.
The paintings are thank you gifts for Scott and his Mum for their hospitality and generosity in letting us stay.


In their place I'm bringing home numerous badges bought at various antiques & collectables shops, and a trumpet.

It cost me $30 at a "HUGH (sic) GARAGE SALE" on Sydney Rd Brunswick.

The fact I can't play the trumpet is outweighed by that old garage saler's maxim, "It was a bargain".


See you on the other side.


Late Breaking News:

I'm home safe and sound and only have to be up for work in 4 1/2 hours!

No comments: