Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cool News Bru

I did something today I've never done before.
I bought a ticket to New Zealand!
Why?
Because my good friends Paul and Vicki are going to be there for two weeks in November.
They're coming from San Diego.
I haven't seen Paul for nearly ten years so it was too good a chance to pass up and there just happen to be some super cheap fares to NZ on sale at the moment.
I'll have to fly via Sydney but the total return fare from Perth to Christchurch was just $507!
I'll spend a week with them, travelling, camping, hiking and fishing around the south island, Paul is a mad keen trout fisherman so I daresay I'll be getting my first taste of fly fishing.

That's the good news. The bad news is that in light of this unexpected trip I will have to forego my planned trip to Melbourne for the Grand Final!
I 'll have to negotiate some time off work and I won't be able to get two weeks off.
Hopefully the Cats will win without me!

I've never been to NZ but since seeing The Lord of the Rings movies have been keen to see it firsthand, and Paul loves it, having been there several times. I spoke to him today and he is really excited about me being able to join them for a week of their holiday.

No comments: