Sunday, August 03, 2008

Two Good Wins, One Bad Loss

The Cornerstone 11s had a 3-2 win against Margaret River Tigers this morning in a close and exciting game. The team overcame the handicap of Sport Boy's absence, though Jacob did say at half time that he was missing him. At that stage the score was 1-0 but we'd been kicking against the wind in the first half. By the end Harry had scored twice and Ben C converted a penalty and we had held on despite conceding two goals ourselves.
Sport Boy is brighter today but still having a lot of pain and walking very slowly if he has to go anywhere.

I hung out in Margaret River for a little while before heading home, adding a couple of badges to my collection, and some rocky road from the Ye Olde Lolly Shoppe!

I joined The Heir at Noel's place to watch the Bledisloe Cup game. Sadly the Wallabies could not repeat last week's performance and went down to the All Blacks by 29 points! Noel was so happy I thought he was going to do the Haka in his living room.

I made it to church for the first time in several weeks tonight and gave a bit of a spiel about the YouthCARE committee and the church's need to support it. The service went for a long time so I didn't stay till the end.
I had a football game to watch!!

The Cats v the Tigers at Docklands. Despite a sluggish and inaccurate start Geelong went on to record a 10 goal victory, their 36th win from their last 38 games, an AFL record.
They are in great form and unless the wheels fall off in very dramatic fashion they are looking good to win back-to-back premierships. The only thing better than winning the Grand Final is winning two Grand Finals! I have to confess that I had a bad dream the other night, in which not only didn't the Cats win the premiership, they didn't even make the Grand Final! I was mightily relieved when I woke up !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez, the things that go on at Holt Press when you get too busy to read it for a couple of weeks!

Good to hear SB is well on the road to recovery. As another apendix-less person, I feel his pain and hope he's back living up to his name asap.