Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Old Friends New in Town

When we moved to Busselton four years ago we left our church at Joondalup and the many friends we had made there, including the pastor, Lee and his wife Cathy. As chairperson of the management committee of the church I had played a key role in approaching, interviewing and appointing Lee as pastor, and felt a tinge of guilt when we announced we were moving not long after.

Sadly things did not go smoothly at the church and subsequently not only did Lee leave but the church disbanded within a couple of years.

Fast forward to the present and the Church of Christ in Busselton have just appointed their new pastor: Lee! I called him today to welcome him to town and wish him as good a time in moving here as we've experienced. It will be good to catch up and renew our friendship. I've invited them over for a BBQ in a couple of weeks.

I'm contemplating a significant decision at the moment. I can't say anything about it just yet as you never know who reads this blog, I've gotten in trouble more than once from things I've written on Holt Press! I'll let my loyal readers know as soon as I can, my disloyal readers will just have to wait.

I finished a painting tonight, the first one for a while, and made a start on another. It felt good to get the paints and brushes out again.



I found a site with lots of funny pictures on it recently, this is one of them.

No comments: