Sunday, July 22, 2007

All Footballed Out .... For a Week Anyway!

My footy feast is over and I head home in a couple of days. It's been a lot of fun but the end has come. I went and saw the Geelong VFL (Reserves) team play Port Melbourne today, and had a chat to Brian Cook, the Geelong CEO, about tickets for next week and for the finals. Geelong won by 85 points.
Then I caught the last quarter of Richmond and Port Adelaide at the MCG, before my final game, the Kangaroos v Melbourne at Docklands. In 2 weeks I have been to 12 games and seen 13 of the 16 teams in the AFL play. My philosophy is "Too much football is just enough"!

Tomorrow I'll have a look around Melbourne, check out a couple of galleries and do some last minute shopping.
Tuesday I'll drop the van off back in Geelong and head back to Tullamarine for my flight home.

I had a treat last night when Gary's Mum Jan arrived. I haven't seen her for over 20 years so it was lovely to catch up. She reads my blog fairly regularly and gave me her honest opinion about my paintings! (She likes some of them!)

No comments: