Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Domesticity

Carolyn is still away. Her Dad is improving slowly but had a bad day yesterday. She was going to go over to visit Ray at Bruny Island for a couple of days then head home on Tuesday but the uncertainty of her Dad's day to day status has put those plans on hold. We soldier on in her absence.
Favourite Daughter has bailed to Perth for a couple of days, it's Claire's birthday.
That means we're down to three blokes in the house, pray for us!
Domestic responsibility confronts me at every turn.
I am becoming more closely acquainted with the washing machine and more aware of the vagaries of the weather, "Oh no, it's raining and I haven't brought the washing in!!"
I swept the kitchen floor yesterday because it was getting harder to dodge the food scraps and debris.
I haven't yet resorted to getting the vacuum cleaner out but it's probably just a matter of time.

I've got a couple of extra day's work coming up, including a spot as track announcer at the Inter-school athletics carnival tomorrow, a job I used to do for "free" when I worked at the school. Nice to know my "talents" are still in demand!
I didn't go to umpire training running last night so I could be here for Sport Boy, dinner duty etc. I did get to Scrabble Club later though and racked up a few wins. Some of the Scrabblers are going to come and see me in the play in a couple of weeks.

The performance dates for "It Runs in the Family" at the Weld Theatre in Busselton are June 3,4,5,6,10,11,12,13,17,18,19,and 20 in case you feel like coming along! The Sunday shows are matinees.
The sad part of that is that I have to miss going to the footy with Chris to see the Cats play West Coast on June 5! And there are Thursday night shows which will cut across volleyball! Talk about suffering for my art!

No comments: