Monday, January 25, 2010

Bachelor Weekend

Mrs Holt Press has been in Perth the last couple of days, along with Sport Boy. Favourite Daughter, The Heir and Spike are all in Perth at present too, though not all together all the time.

In their absence I've worked two long shifts in the taxi and slept a long time!
In the the times when I've been awake but not working I've been tidying up the carport, cooking BBQ dinners for myself, drawing and watching a bit of tennis.
Tomorrow is my first day on the job in my new job.
The start of a new era.

I was talking to Noel yesterday and he made a comment that got me thinking.
"You were a chaplain so long it really defined you."
For over 15 years I not only worked as a chaplain, I lived it. It's one of those sort of jobs that you are rather than you do.

Now I'm starting a new career path, which means a new direction, new experiences, new relationships etc
I guess it will take a bit of getting used to. Hopefully it will be a positive and rewarding change.

2 comments:

Middo said...

Good luck Marcus! Hope it all goes well for you :)

Anonymous said...

hi Marcus. HAPPY NEW JOB! we have travelled a way since we met at Tapawerra back in November. Now in very wet Maggie Island until Friday, then we move on to Cairns.
Hope to catch up between 12th and 18th Feb. Up the Spurs.....Bye for now Steve and Lisa.