Wednesday, June 17, 2009

All is Not Well

Neither Spike nor Sport Boy have been to school this week, they are both crook. Spike has bad headaches and general "unwellness". Sport Boy has been having a lot of trouble with his breathing, tight chest, dizziness, headache, backache and miserableness! He is not a happy camper when he's sick. The breathing problems are exacerbated when he lies down and that in turn can bring on panic attacks. Neither Mrs HoltPress or I know what to do to ease their suffering, nothing has worked so far. As I've said before, there is nothing worse than seeing your children in pain and not being able to help.

They are both "sleeping" sitting up on sofas in the loungeroom, the only position in which either of them feels comfortable at the moment.


Meanwhile work carries on for the parents in the family; things are starting to get pretty intense in preparation for country week and the trip to Melbourne, I ran an upper school assembly today to announce the country week captains and various other CW related business. One of the staff said I did a good job which was pleasing because it felt a little uncomfortable at times.


I worked right through until nearly 7 o'clock tonight trying to catch up on stuff that needed doing. I was scheduled to have another testosterone implant this afternoon but no chemist in town had stocks on hand to fill the prescription so I've had to postpone it until Friday. I wasn't happy but there was nothing I could do about it.


I found some relief by beating the ladies at Scrabble Club tonight! I had enough testosterone reserves for that thankfully.


BTW for those who haven't remembered, it's my birthday on Sunday, the day Geelong play Fremantle at Subiaco Oval, no prizes for guessing what I want as my present!

I am closing in on the half century, only two years to go.

No comments: