Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Spurs, Arizona and Dr Seuss

I realised after last night's post that there are two Daves in my life and I need to distinguish them so as not to confuse you, my loyal reader.
There is Docker Dave, fellow chaplain, married to Nicole, father of four including Brain Girl, who recently stayed at the Anglican campsite on the Holy Mile and kept us all in stitches while we played Balderdash.

Then there is Glass Dave, who runs a glass business and has a son named DJ, a slot car track, a truck and Foxtel.
It was Glass Dave's truck I borrowed to pick up the porch swing and it is Glass Dave who regularly records the sport I don't get to see on free-to-air TV. He has built up a backlog of NY Giants and NFL games and Tottenham League and Cup games over the last several weeks and today I finally got time to go and watch some of

them. He gave me a key to his place a while back so I can let myself in for some private viewing.
I watched last night's Spurs V Portsmouth game which finished 1-1 despite Tottenham having far more chances. The Portsmouth goalie saved several Spurs scoring attempts, then Pompey went 1-0 up before Jermaine Defoe scored the equaliser for his old club against his old club!!!
Confused?
He played for Tottenham, was transferred to Portsmouth last season, then back to Tottenham two weeks ago, ironically by the former Portsmouth now Tottenham manager harry Redknapp.

I then turned my attention to the NFL game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Philadelphia Eagles. Ex Collingwood player Sav Rocca plays for the Eagles while former Geelong captain Ben Graham plays for the Carinals, both as punters. It was a great game with Arizona building a big lead, surrendering it in the last quarter then coming back to win in the last couple of minutes. Ben becomes the first Aussie to play in the SuperBowl, quite a feat considering he was sacked by the NY Jets and also the New Orleans Saints and only signed for Arizona about six weeks ago!!!!


I did a few little odd jobs around the patio with the power tools this afternoon then I took Sport Boy and Favourite Daughter to the Deckchair Cinema at Signal Park down by the foreshore which is part of the Festival of Busselton. We saw Horton Hears a Who and loved it, very funny and enjoyable despite the cold weather. We rugged up as best we could but it was still cold.

All 4 HP kids are home again tonight after The Heir was the only one here the night before. They come and go frequently these days.

No comments: