Wednesday, July 02, 2008

State of Origin

I've just watched Queensland beat NSW to win the State of Origin series for the third year in a row. It was a typically tough and bruising game, with the Cockroaches probably having the better of it but not getting the points on the board. I don't particularly like rugby league but always enjoy watching the State of Origin series, it is played at such an intense level and the quality is always well above that of a standard league game. In fact, one day I'd really like to go to a State of Origin decider. In the absence of Aussie Rules I actually played a few games of league for Rosewood, the little country town in Queensland where I lived for 3 years, which is why I barrack for the Maroons.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count me in for any SoO game. I too don't follow RL that closely but love SoO and would love to go to one. However let it be known I'm a Blues fan, which could make for an interesting trip if we ever get to one!

Marcus said...

I'll hold you to that Birchy!!