Sunday, July 06, 2008

Cam Comes Through

I knew I could rely on Holt Press readers, who are, it goes without saying, a class above the average blog reader! I set a challenge and within 24 hours Cam had texted me with another word that fits the requirements, ie. a word with the same vowel pronounced three different ways. And the word he suggested is: yesteryear. Nice work Cam.
You've won a year's free subscription to Holt Press.

I slept in today, not because I had to, but just because I could! Oh the joy of weekends and holidays!

I spent the afternoon tidying up papers on my desk while watching episodes of The West Wing on the computer, then delivering The Hair and two friends to Dunsborough for Zac W's birthday party/sleepover. They are sleeping in a shed. It's very cold in this region at the moment. Draw your own conclusions.

The rest of the night was spent driving the taxi, my last shift before going to Melbourne on Tuesday.
We had very sad news tonight that one of our regular drivers, Leggy, died suddenly yesterday, at the age of just 52! We are all a bit stunned at the news.
His funeral is on Friday but I won't be able to attend because of the Melbourne trip.

No comments: