Thursday, November 01, 2007

At the Movies

Carolyn and I went to the movies tonight. We started out watching The Brave One with Jodie Foster but the violence and predictable story-line prompted us to switch and go and see Fracture instead. It was a good move as we both enjoyed it. I always enjoy a good court room drama and this one had a couple of interesting twists, with Anthony Hopkins trying to get away with murder.
It's not brilliant but it was entertaining and had me thinking a bit. The thing that intrigues me is how movie makers are able to manipulate their audience into barracking for the bad guy. In this film, the good guy becomes the bad guy and vice versa.

I spent the rest of the evening working on a painting. In fact I entered 4 paintings in the Busselton Show this morning. The show is on this weekend so perhaps I'll get a ribbon or a commendation, or maybe I'll get passed over for yet another landscape of the jetty!

No comments: