Sunday, November 07, 2010

Weekend in Ocean Grove

The new working week starts in 8 hours.
I've got 6 o'clock starts every day which means getting to bed early, AND hoping for decent sleep. I have been waking up a lot during the night the last few weeks. I don't know why, maybe it's my bodies reaction to the altered sleeping/waking times.

Sport Boy spent the weekend with his new friends from church. Yesterday they went mountain biking at Angelsea. Today they went surfing but there was no surf. Mrs Holt Press and I enjoyed the time to ourselves. Saturday we had lunch with her Dad and Trevor Anne and Rachel in Pakington St then drove out to Bannockburn for a Collectables Fair. I found a few sports badges to add to my collection.
Today after church we had lunch and read the paper at a cafe  in town.
When we got home I mowed the grass. Picture African explorers hacking their way through the jungle with machetes and you'll have some idea of the challenge I faced, ....and overcame!

The ARIAs are on TV at the moment and we're excited because nephew Josh is part of Dan Sultan's band and they've won a couple of ARIAs. Josh flew up there this afternoon to be part of the big event.



 
 
A little politics before I go.
The Democrats/President Obama copped a shellacking in the US mid-term elections, apparently because people aren't happy with the slow pace of recovery from the Global Financial Crisis. I'm no expert but it seems to me Obama has been doing a pretty good job in difficult circumstances. Here's a link to have a look at, along the lines of Monty Python's "What have the Romans ever done for us?" from The Life of Brian.
I think this is the PG version, there's another one with swearing in it. What Has Obama done so far?

No comments: