Friday, May 30, 2008

The Wait is Over!

I'm a happy blogger.

Finally, after a week of waiting, today I recieved approval for the footy trip to Melbourne!

It's on! We're going! Yeehaa!

Some of the kids were in the office when the phone call came through with the good news so we were all happy together!

Mind you, the challenges are not all over. Because of the change in status the school can't process the funds or pay the air fares which means issuing refunds and starting again. I spent the afternoon getting signed authorisations from all the parents to enable me to receive the money and act as an agent on their behalf to pay for the tickets. The air fares come to $7168 so it's a significant transaction. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be able to make some real progress.

I woke up with a really sore neck this morning and bizarrely, so did Sport Boy and The Heir. I was uncomfortable all day and concerned about whether I'd be able to play volleyball tonight. A couple of Neurofen helped a little and once I got warmed up it wasn't too bad. We had two games tonight and won them both.

I spent the rest of the evening painting. I'm trying something very different, seeking to emulate a style I really like. So far it doesn't look very good but I'll keep working on it and hope to improve by the time it's finished. Meanwhile, a painting I donated to the Esther Foundation is being auctioned on Saturday along with about 30 other pieces of art, at a fund raising event at the Perth Town Hall. Hopefully it will draw a few bids and help them in their cause.

No comments: