Sunday, April 08, 2012

Resurrection Sunday

This seems like an appropriate day to revive this poor neglected blog.
I've had people contacting me to see if I'm OK because of my lack of blogging, it's nice to know people care, and that my humble little blog still holds a place in the heart of the blogosphere...

I have been hampered by a lack of motivation and a period of feeling "down". My moods vary according to a wide range of factors and influences and when I'm struggling the blog is one of the first things to suffer.
I have begun to feel a bit better and brighter the last couple of weeks. And now that the footy season has started there's a little more to look forward to :)

I'm not promising a return to daily posts or any sort of high frequency blogging, but I can say that HoltPress is not dead yet and on Easter Sunday, if Jesus can conquer the grave, I can breathe some life back into this old blog.

Following  The Heir's move to Melbourne in Feb, we have been further blessed by the arrival of Spike in March, albeit just for a visit and not the permanent move we had anticipated and looked forward to. His plans have altered due to the interference of Cupid and his famous love-stirring arrows!! Spike has met a girl called Bree and they want to be together, which is fair enough, even though we'd rather he/they were over our side of the country.
They are talking about a serious long-term relationship if you know what I mean. There's no specific plan or time-frame at present but who knows what may happen over the next few months or year?
He is heading back to WA on Friday and going back to his old job at the child care centre which he loves, and where he in turn is much-loved. Bree is moving up to Perth as well, from Busselton.
Meanwhile it has been great to have him here and especially good to have all four of the HoltPress offspring together for a few weeks. Spike has been hanging out at Favourite Daughter's place , "The Hippy House", in Barwon Heads a lot of the time. The Heir is down from Melbourne for Easter so we've had plenty of meals and laughs as a family the last couple of days.

Sport Boy got crook a few weeks ago and missed a fair bit of school but thankfully he's been much better for the last week and enjoying having his big brothers and sister around. His health improved  at the same time as the school holidays, purely coincidental I'm sure...


In the search for a cure Mrs HoltPress took Sport Boy for some blood tests, which in the end ruled out Glandular Fever,  but unfortunately for him the nurse forgot to do one of the tests at the clinic. She generously offered to come round to the house to do the said test. On the bright side, she brought him jelly beans!

I swapped a shift  and worked on Good Friday instead so I'd be free to go to the footy tomorrow arvo: Geelong v Hawthorn at the MCG. Along with the Heir, my big sister Vicki will be coming, along with three of my little sister Shannon's boys, who have never been to a footy game before. We're very much looking forward to it, even though everyone seems to think the Hawks will finally beat us, for the first time since the 2008 Grand Final. I'm not so sure...


 This poster advertised an Easter event run by the Student Christian Union at Deakin Uni and I thought it was especially clever.
Mrs Holt Press and my Mum on a walk along the bluff at Barwon Heads, the night before Mum took off on a trip to Greece, Italy and France with here friend Mona. Lucky girls!


Regular readers will know that I am a pedant when it comes to correct use of the English language. I'm always on the look out for wrongly spelt signs, wrongly pronounced words etc. This one caught my eye at the Belmont Hotel in High St. Can you C the problem?
NB. What's driving me MAD at the moment is the extreme frequency of the "word" 'goverment' in the media and its close cousins 'govament' and 'govment' (Yes Mr Rabbit I'm talking about you!).
The word is GOVERNMENT, there are two Ns and both should be pronounced!


 How awesome is this sculpture, which can be found at a very cool and quirky business in North Geelong called Iron and Gum Trees (I think). It is made of old railway spikes welded together. Brilliant. I drive past it in the bus when doing the number 11 and it always brings a smile to my face.
(Click on picture to get a better look)
The Holt Press boys also at the bluff. How I love them and how proud I am of them!
In the words of one of my favourite artists, John Lennon: "Beautiful Boys"

5 comments:

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Seems like you are having great time :).

Peter said...

I would have prompted you sooner had I knlwn you would listen.
I was tempted to offer you a topic... for a series of posts??? it could be titled "My dad thinks its alright to invent new ways of spelling" or something like that by Mr Pedantic.

Please prove you're not a robot

OK please prove you can write legibly.

Zaac said...

Pretty sure it's MoRna. Just sayin'.

Cazza said...

Yep I check every few days to see what's happening!

Marcus said...

Pronounced Morna
Spelt Mona
Trust me.


Clearly no proofreader at HoltiesHouse: see comment above

Nice to know you're still out there Cazza, hope you are well