Wednesday, July 28, 2010

11 Things About My Weekend

1. The flight to Melbourne was torturous. Tiger. The price you pay for the price you pay.  Jammed into a space too small for a man half my size, for 4 hours, overnight. No comfort. No sleep.
Very glad to be on the ground in Melbourne.

2. Picked up hire car and headed for Gary and Christine's at Laurimar, for some much needed sleep and a shower.

3. Hunted around Melbourne for footy badges. Went to a GREAT game of footy on Friday night at Docklands, finished in a draw between Hawthorn and StKilda.

4. Saturday morning drove down to Geelong. Visited Mrs Holt Press' Dad Alan who had forgotten I was coming. A pretty good visit. It's the first time I've seen him since Mother Mary died and there is a sense of sadness and emptiness in him.

5. To Kardinia Park to see the Cats belt the Lions, a most enjoyable afternoon. Gazza was in great form and kicked 5 goals. Have to make the most of  the chance to see what will probably be one of his last games for Geelong. I feel pretty sure he's going to sign for Gold Coast next season.

6. Back to Melbourne and another good game at Docklands, Essendon and North Melbourne. The Bombers first win in a couple of months. Met a couple of lovely older Ladies, one of whom gave me one of her Essendon member's badges for my collection.

7. Sunday morning, quick trip to the South Melbourne markets in search of footy badges then onto Docklands again for the Dockers v W Bulldogs. Freo's bubble has burst and they got pummelled.

8. Left at 3/4 time and went to the MCG to see the last half of Melbourne v Sydney. In a big upset the Demons thrashed the Swans.

9. For the first time since I got to Melbourne, got to spend some time with Gary when I got home. Always good to see him. Our Dads were mates so I've known him since we were little kids so he's not only one of my best mates but also my oldest. Talked footy, politics, work, health, ebay and Masterchef! 

10. Monday, headed into the city again. Met with a guy from Leading Teams to discuss some business ideas. There is the possibility of some BIG news in the Holt Press world. I'll keep you posted.

11. Dinner with Gary and family. Packed. Dropped off hire car. Hung around airport for two hours before flying home. VERY happy to score an exit row seat with decent leg room. Tried to sleep but failed. Still felt fresh enough upon arrival to pick up my car from Cam's and drive home rather than stay the night in Perth.
A good and quite productive weekend.

No comments: