Thursday, March 19, 2009

Great Investment


The best $20 I've ever spent was on this pair of bent nosed pliers on the weekend!
I've had a loose tooth for weeks that has been getting progressively more sensitive and painful. I went to the dentist a couple of weeks ago and he made an appointment to deal with it and another troublesome tooth in about a month. Unfortunately neither I nor my tooth could wait that long! On Saturday night in the cab it was driving me crazy and I was giving it a hammering with my tongue trying toloosen it to the point of dislodging. No luck but come Sunday I headed straight to Bunnings and bought a DIY dental instrument. The tooth was way up the back, actually being a wisdom tooth that never fully developed. The dentist called it a microdont, which must be a technical term for piddly little tooth. I positioned myself in front of the mirror and probed toward the back of my mouth in search of the elusive little dont. It wasn't even visible but I knew where it was because every touch was painful. I had to fly blind but managed to get a grip on it at the third attempt. Steeling myself for the anticipated pain I jerked the pliers downwards as quickly as I could, and lo and behold it came out without the slightest resistance, or pain! Not even any blood! Just a tiny little clump of enamel nestled in the end of the needle nose. What a relief! Saved myself a bit of money too!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cazza said...

Owwwwww I know you said that it didn't hurt but that sounds painful!!!

Anonymous said...

Do it yourself vasectomy next?

Marcus said...

Thankfully unnecessary, had that done by a professional, though now I've got a decent pair of needle nosed pliers I might be able to help you out when the time is right!

The HoJo's said...

way too scary a thought ;o)
xc