Thursday, December 25, 2008

Hey Rex

Hey Rex! Did you steal my SD Card?
It's missing from my camera and I can't find it!!
I know where you live!!

On the other hand, Rex, thanks for working on the computers, most things are improved and running well. The old PC is working on the net. Strangely I can't get the external CD drive to open. I downloaded a stack of updates for my phone in order to upload about 200 pictures and now the computer is giving me an error message when I try and open the picture folder! The joys of computers.

We'll be over sometime this afternoon, looking forward to the BBQ'd seafood.

...................................................................................................................................................................

Christmas Eve in the taxi was pretty quiet until the pub closed when it got busy for about an hour. The night started well, with a $30 tip from my second customer but after that there was a lot of waiting in between jobs. I used the down time for frequent visits to home to work on little jobs on the computer, buy food, get Vanilla Diet Coke and listen to the radio.
I swapped with Marty and took his late finish for him which meant I worked through until after 3.30. The upside of that was the $5 surcharge for Christmas Day on each fare after midnight!!

People were pretty friendly and happy and not too drunk which made it a pleasant evening.

After a few hours sleep I was awoken by Sport Boy, the youngest member of the Holt Press family telling me it was time to open our presents! Fair enough.
He was very pleased with his loot, a scooter, Converse sneakers, The Chronicles of Narnia series (books) and a few little bits and pieces.
We had the joy of sharing Christmas with The Heir's visitors and there was much oohing and aahing and laughter and pleasure as all the goodies were unwrapped.
I gave Mrs HP a fold out queen size camping bed which I'm hoping she'll share with me, it will make camping at Augusta next week a lot more comfortable.

The Hair got home yesterday so he was able to join the festivities, and since he's been working, was even able to get a few presents for people. He's very generous, all the kids are in fact, although nobody goes over the top. Small and thoughtful gifts were common and thus much appreciated.

We'll be heading over to Bridgetown soon in a three car convoy. Two cars will be returning tomorrow but I've managed to switch my Friday night shift in the taxi so I won't have to come back until later. That means maximising our time with Vicki Rex and Dad cause they won't be here too much longer.

Better go and have a shower, pack the car and hit the road!

Merry Christmas to all my faithful, and unfaithful readers.

Peace on earth and goodwill to men, the King is born.
How did the fat bloke in the red suit get to be the star of the show, it's not even his birthday?
Jesus is the reason for the season!

No comments: