Wednesday, December 05, 2007

D-Day

Now I'm ready!

I arrived in Perth about two hours ago and since then have been sorting out all the gear to go in the kid's showbags for the start of the camp: ID cards and lanyards, wrist bands, clues, puzzles, paper clips, photo books and task books. Then the extra bits for the staff, handbooks, extra clues, answers and this year for the first time, a ration pack of snack food to take with them in case they don't get a chance to stop, it sometimes happens when the kids are fired up and motivated to keep going. Mind you, that usually doesn't happen on the first day! It takes them a day to work out what they're doing and how to improve their performance before they hit their stride on the 2nd and 3rd days.

It's always a nervous night before the start of the camp, hoping I haven't forgotten anything crucial (I always forget something but usually not something crucial!)
Last year the third day was marred by the clues having been put in the wrong envelopes. I've been extra careful with them this year and am confident everything's in its rightful place.

I'm about to go to bed, ironically it's only 4 hours till the kids get on the bus to come up to Perth!
I wouldn't switch places for quids.

Let the fun begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't swap places with either of you for quids......

Broady