Thursday, June 14, 2007

EIAIAIA

I've been playing a lot of Scrabble on the computer lately, ever since Paul got it working for me again.
I play a 2 handed game against Professor Maven, the computer player. The rating level ranges from Novice to Champion. I set the computer to expert level, the second highest rating. It wins most of the time but every now and then I manage to overcome it's lightning moves and encyclopaedic dictionary. My winning ratio stands at 28%. Most of the time the game seems reasonably fair but every now and then the automatic tile picker serves me up a rack of absolute rubbish. Thus the 7 letters I copped the other night. I'm pleased and proud to say that I went on to win the game, thanks largely to scoring two 7 letter words in the game, Wanders and Trombone, and the 50 bonus points for each of them. Maven got one two but I held him off in a tense finish.
I love Scrabble and it's good for my brain, lots of problem solving and lateral thinking and the computer doesn't complain when I take half an hour over my move.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Zaac said...

Maven got one "too" Bad Grammar Man... Oh how the mighty are fallen!
Was considering calling you today, but by the time I got to a phone this afternoon it was probably too late in Oz. Tomorrow is out as well coz I'm in the school all day, so will see how Friday works out!
Love you

Anonymous said...

Zaac - "maven got one two because it was a tens finish..." I think that was what your dad was trying to say...

Who plays Scrabble anyway, gosh?

Zaac said...

I dunno Stu but you seem to know a suspicious amount about it for one who claims disdain for the game...