Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ooooowwwwwccccchhhhhh!!!!!!!!

The scene of the crime
The instruments of torture
The suffering patient immediately post-op, unable to even read the newspaper!
I feel betrayed!
"It doesn't hurt, it's just a bit uncomfortable" echoed a bunch of people, over the last x number of years whenever the topic has come up.
Yeah right!!

It DID hurt
It still DOES hurt
It wasn't a bit uncomfortable.
It was bloody uncomfortable!

It was not pleasant at all!
Thank goodness it's a one-off event!

And what about the pre-op surprise? When the nurse asked me, "Have you shaved?"
No instruction or warning on that one!
Off to the shower I was sent with a nasty little implement ill designed for the purpose!
I was already bleeding before the Dr. even got near me!

I won't go into the gory details that followed, suffice to say that there was a lot of pushing and prodding and squeezing and puliing of various bits of my anatomy, it went on for quite a long time, and the pain has only increased since!
I'm confined to the arm chair, good for little other than aiming the remote control.

I had to get up to answer the phone, a 3 minute journey rather than the usual 5 seconds.
While I'm here (in the study) I'm blogging because once I sit down again I'm not moving!

It had better be worth it!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: